E3 2017, one of the most anticipated events for the gaming industry, has just concluded. The YouTube Gaming hub gave fans a front row seat to the three-day expo, tracking trailers, press conferences, and event highlights.
Now that it’s over, we can determine how fans responded. Which game received the most buzz on YouTube? We totaled views of trailer releases, industry coverage, and fan-uploaded reactions to determine which game stole the show.
Which Game Won E3 on YouTube?
Among the 200+ games with a major announcement at E3, “Star Wars Battlefront II” had the most views of any title.
This ranking includes all videos related to the title, including trailers, official gameplay, media coverage, and fan-uploaded reactions. Notably, EA’s press conference included four of the titles in our top 10, a nod to the strength of its showcase.
Which Trailer Won E3?
During E3, “Star Wars Battlefront 2” was both the #1 most-viewed trailer, and the most popular game across all videos uploaded to YouTube, with over 7.9M views.
In second place is the “Super Mario Odyssey” trailer with 5.5 million views. It was one of the last titles to be announced at E3, so its ranking is even more impressive given that it proceeded the “Star Wars Battlefront 2” trailer release by three days.
- Star Wars Battlefront 2: Official Gameplay Trailer – 7.9M views
- Super Mario Odyssey – Game Trailer – Nintendo E3 2017 – 5.5M views
- Marvel’s Spider-Man (PS4) 2017 E3 Gameplay – 4.5M views
- FIFA 18 | THE JOURNEY: HUNTER RETURNS | OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER – 4.0M views
- Need for Speed Payback Official Gameplay Trailer – 3.4M views
- Official Call of Duty®: WWII – Multiplayer Reveal Trailer – 3.3M views
- Forza Motorsport 7 – E3 2017 – 4K Announce Trailer – 3.1M views
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: E3 2017 Announcement Trailer | Ubisoft [US] – 3.0M views
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole: E3 2017 Official Trailer – Time to Take a Stand | Ubisoft [US] – 2.7M views
- Assassin’s Creed Origins: E3 2017 Gameplay Trailer [4K] | Ubisoft [US] – 2.6M views
Stay tuned to the YouTube Gaming hub – we’ll announce the winner of the E3 Trailer Battle based on fan votes shortly!